Archive for the ‘Summary’ Category
For the theoretical new reader, or the not nearly so theoretical old reader looking to kill a few hours at work.
Reviews (ok, most of these are more ramblings, but still):
- Baltimore & Ohio
- Canal Mania
- Campaign Manager (which I soured on as too samey)
- Cyclades (which I trade away 1 month later)
- Dominant Species (16 comments!)
- Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space
- Fifty First State
- Greed (Revisited)
- The Game with the Boring-est Name (Followup)
- Heroes of Graxia
- Innovation (and more innovation)
PandemicDefenders of the Realm
- Power Struggle
- Did I really play Rise of Empires? Even after reading my review I have zero recollection of it. For what it’s worth.
- Seven Wonders
- Wealth of Nations
After posting around (and getting results in the support forums) I have a way to fix all my internal links that are broken (well, pointing to my old blog). But honestly I don’t think I’m going to do it. Even if I wrote a program to fix all the links on my exported file, I then have to delete all the posts (which will probably take an hour or two) and re-import. So all the links in the old summaries (and elsewhere) pointing to “gaming.powerblogs.com” are broken (or will be, starting Dec 1st). You’ll just have to guess what I was talking about and use the Great and Powerful Oz.
I don’t think it’s worth the time. Most of my readers aren’t new, anyway. All links after the import will work.
And now I’m caught up!
- Mr Jack (initial thoughts)
- Masquerade Initial Thoughts & Follow up
- Warriors of God (& the Sorites paradox)
- Small World
- Are you the traitor?
Articles of Note:
- Hannibal: Rome vs Carthage
- The Poker-Tek table
- World of Warcraft Minis
- Shadows over Camelot expansion
- Middle Kingdom
- Battlestar Galactica review (thread)
Articles added to my “Professor of Gaming” tenure folder:
Yeah, it’s a bit late…
- Rails of Europe
- Lost Valley
- Agricola Review and follow ups. (’09 Update. I think I was right in theory but wrong in practice. The unbalanced nature doesn’t really bother me).
- Dry Gulch Junction
Race for the Galaxy Articles of Note (since it had just come out):
- The Master Solvers Club thread.
- How much to value +1 explore in race?
- Differences between goods.
- Production vs Windfall worlds
- Coming from Behind.
- Diversified Economy
- Near Sixes
- The initial settle
- Number of Players
- Terraforming Robots
Non-race Article of Note:
Just noticed I missed this, so here’s my “Early ’07” summary article.
- Space Dealer
- Ruse & Bruise
- Garden Gnomes & Candimir
- Glory to Rome thread
- Through the Ages
- Notre Dame
And, of interest, my Combat Commander Thoughts (chain of posts).