After 30 hours of Factorio gameplay of the current campaign, I have finally discovered how to build a launch silo! Almost there. Then I read the equipment. Building the silo itself takes the following:
- 1000 steel pipes (which I have around) and some pipes (ditto)
- 200 Electric motors (not easy, but I do have a single factory making them, and most of the precursors built
- 200 complex electric circuits (I have a chain for that, I was pumping those out for speed modules)
- 1000 Concrete (which I’ve never built, sigh)
- Some modules
Then once the launch silo is built I have to feed it:
- Ridiculous amounts of rocket fuel (which requires petrochemicals, my supplies of which are meager just wiped out a hive to grab more crude oil, but now that oilfield is under attack).
- Ridiculous amounts of solar panels
- Ridiculous amounts of everything else, including stuff I hadn’t ever heard of (like “Low density matter”)
- Ridiculous amount of rocket parts.
Why do I get the feeling I’m only halfway (if that) into the game?