I’ve been a bit under the weather (in terms of games and writing), so just a few quick thoughts rather than anything thought out:
- I’ve now played Power Grid: First Sparks a 3rd time. It’s fine, but I’m solidly indifferent to it.
- I should review Sekigahara at some point. (Oh wait, I did).
- I’m getting ready for another spring cleaning auction, and I think I’ll bite the bullet and get rid of Paths of Glory (unplayed in a decade), Blue Moon (several years), Scepter of Zavandor (ditto, and Phoenicia scratches that itch) and several other good games I’m unlikely to play again, as well as chaff. Actually, perhaps instead of a sale I should just try to trade them for a few good games. Anyone want to get rid of their copy of 1846?
- Another reason for wanting 1846 is some locals want to try 18xx, and I’d like to teach them a version I haven’t played (and that’s friendly to beginners). So, it would be a public service….
- Leader 1 isn’t bad, but it just made me want to play Breaking Away or Homas Tour. I did like the fact that everyone starts in the Peleton, which moves as a single unit, so the real question is “When to break away” and early turns are fast.
- The Galaxy Trucker Expansion ships are neat. That I need to play again.
- Archer was renewed again, and Adam Reed apparently signed a production deal with FX, so I think the future of my favorite comedy series is bright.