Open Thread for the Weekend that Was
Let’s see …
- I’m fairly close to finishing Portal 2’s single player campaign. I’m not going to lie to you Marge, it’s been awesome and whenever I’ve gotten stuck I’ve kicked myself when I finally got the answer. (Either through figuring it out or via a walk-through). TaoLing and I have been playing the co-ope, and it’s pretty good as well. (Although I think it would be frustrating playing online without voice, it’s possible). If I was rushing I could have finished in a day or two, but the kids enjoy back seat driving, which reminds me why doctors have such precise words for directions (“Move up, then turn left, then down! No … the other other down!” Aim for that panel near that thing!”)
- I’ve finished the Moderate (“3 dot”) Pro Guitar on medium, then for good measure defeated two songs on the next set on the first try. Medium is almost entirely melody + power chords with rare regular (G/C/D) chords. Just for giggles, I tried Crazy Train (on Medium) and while I couldn’t do it, I didn’t see anything in the first few stanzas beyond power chords + a faster melody. I also beat I Love Rock and Roll on expert (despite missing every note of the solo).
- Now that the Dominion Cornucopia list is out, color me mildly disappointed. I’ll get a copy, but I didn’t bother to get one this weekend for full retail.
- I”m mildly intrigued by Star Trek Expeditions and the LotR Co-op LCG. In their honor I’ve tossed the Knizia LotR game back into the bag. That’s the extent of my involvement, so far. But I’d like to try them.
- Mrs. Tao, who was at some gaming convention, called to verify that we had 7 Wonders. Then asked again during the next phone call. So I guess she liked it, or I’m not very trustworthy. Or both. Here ends my convention report — Portal 2 wins Game of the Convention for me. And for you?
- Surprisingly I’ve seen little to no coverage … I assume that the hotel’s lack of internet played a big part of that. No doubt the GeekLists will be popping up over the next day or so.
- Archer Season 2 — Truly one of the great seasons of any comedy I’ve watched. That’ll do, Pigly.